The Secret is a controversial book written by Rhonda Byrne which is based on the law of attraction: thinking certain thoughts can change a person’s life in a direct manner. There are many people who believe in this idea and many who don’t. Until now, there is no scientific backing of this concept.
As far as my personal opinion is concerned, I have put this concept in my open bucket. Below I present the main ideas of this book for those who want to learn this concept in a few sentences or who have read the book but want a short summary.
- Law of attraction – Everything that is coming into your life you attracting into your life. And it’s attracted to you by the virtue of the images you are holding into your mind. It’s what you are thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you.
- Every thought if yours is a real thing – a force.
- Like attracts like, even on thought level.
- Thoughts become things.
- Creation is always happening. Every time an individual has a thought, or a prolonged chronic way of thinking, they’re in the creation process. Something is going to manifest out of those thoughts.
- What you are thinking new creates your future life. You create your life with your thoughts. Because you are always thinking, you are always creating. What you think about the most or focus on the most, is what will appear as your life.
- Humans can choose their thoughts.
- Your mind thinks thoughts and the pictures are broadcast back as your life experience.
- The emotions are an incredible gift that we have to ket us know what we’re thinking. Your feelings tell you very quickly what you’re thinking.
- Know is that it is impossible to feel bad and at the same time be having good thoughts.
- Thoughts cause feelings.
In one sentence, ‘thought become things’ is probably the most important idea from this book.