Recently, I had the opportunity to read a wonderful article on 16 harsh truths that make us stronger. I am copying a summary below while you can go the original article to read the details. I really enjoyed reading it.
The complete article can be read here.
- Life is not easy.
- You will fail sometimes.
- Right now, there’s a lot you don’t know.
- There may not be a tomorrow.
- There’s a lot you can’t control.
- Information is not true knowledge.
- You can’t be successful without providing value.
- Someone else will always have more than you.
- You can’t change the past.
- The only person who can make you happy is you.
- There will always be people who don’t like you.
- You won’t always get what you want.
- In life, you get what you put in.
- Good friends will come and go.
- Doing the same exact thing every day hinders self growth.
- You will never feel 100% ready for something new.
While most people learn these truths with the passage of time, it is much beneficial to inculcate them in the children’s minds so that they can avoid many harsh experiences before learning these principles.