On this website and on Internet in general, there are a lot of posts on motivation, productivity, relationships, health, career and overall success. It is an interesting phenomenon that all this information is not translated into a transformation in our lives. Instead, it is easy to continue doing the same things each day and thinking that life will be different one day. That day never comes.
Realizing that you are the agent of change, the time to steer down a new path is either today or never. All you have to understand is that change comes from deep convictions. Deep convictions arise not only from great thoughts but actions on those thoughts as well. We say that change involves two parts: (a) information, and (b) activity. The first step is acquiring the information and the second step is doing the activity.
This brings us to the popular input/output cycle, according to which we must produce as output equal to (if not more than) we take as input. Just start creating something you really want and share it with the world. For example, if you love gardening, gaming, computer programming or arts, start (or keep) doing the work and share your experiences on a website. You will connect with people and this process will accelerate the transformation in you. I promise you that your life will take a whole new trajectory.
There are two common ways to share your work, one is writing and the other is making videos.
You need a website for this purpose which is quite a simple process.
- Choose a name for your website.
- Purchase web hosting. I recommend Bluehost due to their professional service. Plus, they are giving a free domain name for the first year and a free SSL certificate.
- Install WordPress with a single click and you are ready to create anything in your little corner of the Internet world.
In addition to the above mentioned input/output cycle, there are other reasons too due to which I recommend having a website.
- Writing brings clarity. Clarity is power. As they say, if you are not writing, you are not thinking deep enough.
- If monetization in the long term is also on your radar, the deal is in your favour. If a big mall in my local town rents me a shop for $4/month, I will immediately grab it while gradually working out the actual business. Internet is no different with potential traffic in billions and the return on this investment is quite large.
- We commit ourselves more to what we sacrifice for. Sacrificing a little amount for the website will kickstart the transition process in you.
Video is an attractive option for the younger generation. Podia is a platform for creators which simplifies the entire process for selling online courses, webinars, downloads, and memberships without worrying about the logistics and technology parts. Moreover, they offer a 14-day free trial as well.
My purpose of this platform is to help people. I only included this action item after 5 years of starting this activity! This is because I am convinced that this will immensely help you in achieving your goals. Building from my own experience here, I have published a successful book and established a training business in my profession that is nicely paying me off.
There are other ways possible too (e.g. joining a group of like-minded people). As a takeaway from here, I (and you) will be happy if you take one new productive step today.