Creativity is both a science and an art. I don’t know much about it but I have found the following 2 ways to be the most helpful.
- Apply 80/20 Rule: As in many areas of life, 80/20 rule can be applied to creativity. Simply stated,
- Produce a reasonable amount of stuff regardless of the quality
- Go back for an impartial review
- Assign a rating
- Discard the lower 80% and keep the higher 20%
- Repeat the cycle.
And that’s it. Moreover, this 20% will (hopefully) get better over time.
- Open Up: Creativity comes with releasing, not holding tight (opinions, grudge, money, whatever). One has to let go to enable the flow.